> All,
> Someone should also point out right now that having Tomcat installed in
> a directory containing spaces is just *asking* for trouble.
>
> Try re-installing tomcat into, say, c:\programs\tomcat, or at least
> modify the path to be C:\PROGRA~1\tomcat or whatever windows does to
> long filenames to make them fit into FAT entries.

I never had a problem with Tomcat being installed to "C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Jakarta Tomcat", and this was with version 3.2.3

Problems arose when installing the JDK to "C:\Program Files\jdk1.3.1_09"
where Tomcat refuses to work with it there (I posted a question about this
ages ago).  So I had to leave the jdk in the root of C: - something I hate
doing (as I had to do with software from ESRI and Oracle).

G.