Mark,
I am working on an old project using Sun JDK 1.3. I get an error message while using ant. The error is listed below:

Unable to load native library: /usr/local/jdk1.3.1_08/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I have set the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.2.5. I even tried 2.4.1, as mentioned in an article I found online. Does anyone know how to get around this issue?

Since Fedora is pretty new (like a week old), you might want to avoid it for a while. It's possible that its glibc version is not complete or something like that.

Stick to RedHat standard or Debian or whatever your favorite distro is for the time being. :)

-chris