You're right Jon.
Thanks for the tip!

Cyril.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Wingfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: getContext returns null!

> I think you may need to set your Context to be crossContext.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html
>
> HTH,
>
> Jon
>

> cyril vidal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just would like to get a reference to the ServletContext of another
web application as the current one, to get a RequestDispatcher object.

> > I know that the path should begin with / and that it is interpreted
relative to the server's document root .

> > So i'm in a web application context and would like to get the context of
c:\tomcat\webapps\tutobean application.

> > I've written the following code:
> >
> > protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse rep)
> >
> > throws ServletException, IOException {
> >
> > ServletContext currentSC = getServletContext(); //reference to the
current ServletContext

> > ServletContext distantSC = currentSC.getContext("/tutobean");
//reference to the ServletContext of tutobean webappl, corresponding to
http://localhost:8080/tutobean.

> > distantSC.getRequestDispatcher("/index.html").forward(req,rep);
//NullPOinterException here because distantSC is null!!!