This seems to come up (in various variations) again and again.
And, I also asked... "should one simply subclass xxxRealm ... specifically
the java.security.Principal authenticate(java.lang.String username,
java.lang.String credentials) method?" And, then ... maybe ... extending
java.security.Principal with a getPassword() method. And returning that from
authenticate().

Though... as I type this in... it's making me queasy!

Please... Tomcat gurus... what is the answer?

gary...