That's the weird part.

My workers2.properties uri directive is just for .jsps. It is as follows:

[uri:www.mysite.com/*.jsp]
group=ajp13:/usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.socket

So I'm not sure why directory requests get forwarded to Tomcat.

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Atreya,

I want a directory listing of my files.

I am using mod_jk2 with Apache 2.0.4x. If I comment out the LoadModule mod_jk2 I can get a directory listing. But if not, I get a 404 error in Apache and then I get a 404 error page generated by Tomcat.

It looks like Tomcat is handling the request for the "directory" and refusing to generate a listing for you. I know that both Apache and Tomcat are both capable of doing this.

Why one would you prefer to generate the list for you? I'm a fan of Apache handling everything that it can, and only having Tomcat run my application code. In that case, you'll want to reduce the range of URLs that Apache forwards to Tomcat via JkMount directives in httpd.conf (or whatever you include into httpd.conf).

For example, instead of:

JkMount /myApp myWorker

Consider:

JkMount /myApp/*.jsp myWorker
JkMount /myApp/myServlet myWorker
JkMount /myApp/myOtherServlet myWorker

With this reduces URL space mapped to Tomcat, Apache will serve the directory listings.

-chris

-- ____________________________________ Developer Greenfield Research Inc. atreya(AT)greenfieldresearch(DOT)ca (902)422-9426