Hi there,

I'm having a slightly annoying problem using the Tomcat Manager application.
I have a webservices web application that i deploy using an Ant script and
the org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask & UndeployTask. On Tomcat 4.1.18 this
works fine, I package the application up as a war file and can deploy,
undeploy and redeploy with no problems - the war file gets unpacked into
{CATALINA-HOME}\work\Standalone\localhost\myapp

However, i've upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.27 and now the ant script no longer
works. When I deploy the war file using the manager it unpacks it into
{CATALINA-HOME}\webapps\myapp folder instead. This is irritating because
when I try and redeploy the war file (i.e call undeploy & then deploy in the
ant script) i get the message "Cannot remove document base for path /myapp"

Why does 4.1.27 unpack its war files into the web app folder unlike 4.1.18?
I've tried replacing the server.xml file with the one from 4.1.18 but it
still does the same thing. Is there a setting that I need to make 4.1.27
behave in the same way as 4.1.18?

Thanks

Tom

Limehouse Court, 3-11 Dod Street