Howdy,
By the time sessionDestroyed is call, the session has been invalidated.
That doesn't mean you can't get information about it: only certain
information ;)  HttpSession#getAttribute is clearly documented to throw
an IllegalStateException if called on an invalidated session.

If you're interested in attributes, implement an HttpSessionAttribute or
Binding listener.  In it, you will be notified when an attribute is
removed and you will be able to access its value.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sessionDestroyed()
>StandardManager[] Session event listener threw exception
>java.lang.IllegalStateException: getAttribute: Session already
invalidated
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.getAttribute(StandardSessio
n.ja
>a:954)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.getAttribute(Standard
Sess
>onFacade.java:171)
>        at
>dollars.ui.actions.DollarsAction.getUserVO(DollarsAction.java:46)
>        at
>dollars.ui.controllers.SessionListener.sessionDestroyed(SessionListener
.jav
>:42)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java
:659
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java
:608
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardMana
ger.
>ava:793)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run(StandardManager.java:87
0)

>Why would the HttpSessionEvent *seem* like it should have access to the
>session that has just been removed, yet not be able to access it?  Is
this
>Tomcat problem, or does the Servlet 2.3 spec simply want you to know
that
>some random session was just invalidated, but you can't get any
information
>about it.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Lukas