You could check out the commons-daemon jsvc (ships with TC 5.x, but should
work with 4.1.x as well).  It doesn't handle the chroot problem (but, since
Solaris 8, I've almost given up on getting chroot to work).  However, it
does handle the port-binding and then changing uid problem.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]