Try creating a servlet which maps to a "bookmark-able" URL. Then have the
servlet use the RequestDispatcher to forward the request which will
generate the page (a JSP usually). The forwarded page is generated in the
same request, and the URL won't change.

Using this technique you can have the servlet called one of many JSP pages
to render different pages according to session info, request paremeters or
cookie information.

eg

//create the request dispatcher (for the new URL)
RequestDispatcher rqdD =
request.getRequestDispatcher(response.encodeURL(inclPage));

//and forward the request
rqdD.forward(request, response);

The beauty of this technique is that your servlet can handle all business
logic, generate beans etc, and place them into the request (attributes),
and the jsp page(s) only need concern themselves with presentation.

Hope this helps.

John Sidney-Woollett