David Rees wrote:
Trenton D. Adams wrote:

We're having a problem with tomcat 4.0.4. Every time a context is reloaded it
leaks memory. The oddest thing about this is that it starts throwing
OutOfMemoryExceptions before process list shows that it's using the memory I
allocated to it.

eg. It will through OutOfMemoryExceptions at like 130M memory usage when I've
allocated 512M for it.

Is this a known bug that's been fixed in 4.1.x?

It's a known bug, but not fixed in 4.1.x, it still exists there. I am not sure if it still exists in 5.0.x.

-Dave

Oh, one other quick question. I was wondering about why it would start throwing out of memory exceptions before it reaches the 512M limit. Are there maybe parameters that can be passed to tomcat to tell it how much to use for web applications? And if so, are these set to a certain percentage of the -mx JVM parameter?

__ This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it
---