>No need for it in the connector if you're using apache! :)
>You can get a mod_gzip module and do it from Apache which would
>probably be faster.

Are you sure ?
Has somebody already used mod_gzip with Apache & Tomcat ?

I use it with Resin, but it was not possible with tomcat because mod_jk
replied directly to the client (so I think ...).
There was many message on newsgroups about this.
We had to adapt the sample gzip filter provided with tomcat.

Mike Baroukh

Cardiweb  - 31 Rue de Mogador Paris IXeme
06 63 57 27 22 - 01 53 21 82 63 - ICQ: 105910677
http://www.cardiweb.com
--
Les ruines d'une maison
Se peuvent reparer : que n'est cet avantage