Do you have more than one apxs available? I seem to recall others having a
problem if they were (inadvertently) using a different one. You must use
the Apache version. Simplest might be to download and build the latest
version of Apache. (This may fix your other problem, too!) Then make sure
the mod_jk Makefile points to the correct version of apxs....

HTH,

Mike