I've been trying for last day to get Tomcat 4.1.12 to run a perl cgi script.
I've done most of it based on this article:
http://www.fawcette.com/javapro/2003_03/online/perl_teden_03_18_03/default_p
f.aspx. But now I'm stuck with this error:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: perl
C:\Tomcat4112\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\cgi\exp.cgi
In researching this on google I've found that a number of people have run
into siimilar problems. Some of them solved it by adding Apache to the mix.
I don't want to add Apache if I don't have to. So what I'm wondering is if
anyone has had much success running perl scripts from cgi directory without
using Apache? And also does anyone know how to get around the above error?
Thanks,
Ken
P.S. The only reason I'm having to run perl is that I need to add iptc info
to jpeg files and I've only found perl methods for doing so. If anyone can
point me to a Java method of doing so I could avoid this problem for the
time being.