From: Tommy Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 December 2003 11:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HttpSessionListener in Tomcat 4.1.27 (or HttpSessionListener in
general)

Sorry, just joined this group - so I hope I am not jumping in at the wrong
time to this thread.

I am running Tomcat 4.1.18 (with Cocoon on Windows 2000, incidentally)

Anyway, I have implemented a HttpSessionListener, code below is for the on
sessionCreated event handler

I am interested in various session attributes, and I am confused as to why I
can only access the session id and not any attributes. I have propogated
attributes to the session (I am able to access them in Cocoon). Output from
Tomcat as follows :

User null
Session E0647E125B965537D1B7E087F5915FA2
Driver loaded OK
Acquired connection OK
Executed OK - login

  public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se)
  {
  Object sessionId = se.getSession().getId();
  Object sessionUser = se.getSession().getAttribute("user");
  System.out.println("User " +sessionUser);
  System.out.println("Session " +sessionId);
  for (Enumeration e =  se.getSession().getAttributeNames() ;
e.hasMoreElements() ;) {
         System.out.println("Attribute" +e.nextElement());
     }

   try
  {

    Class.forName(dbDriver);
    System.out.println("Driver loaded OK");
    con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbURL,dbUser, dbPwd);
    System.out.println("Acquired connection OK");
    Statement s =  con.createStatement();
    rs = s.executeQuery("update calib_users set logged_in = 'Y' where
username = 'simon'");
    rs = s.executeQuery("commit");
    System.out.println("Executed OK - login");
  }

     catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe)
  {
    System.out.println("No driver");