Actually I think its much easier. In the local web.xml, I think you can add the mapping for the other extension.

-Tim

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Richard,

Does anyone know how to configure tomcat to compile .jnc files in this circumstance?

Is there a standard convention for naming jsp include files?

Yeah, .jsp :)

Seriously, though. Check out CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml for how they configure the .jsp file trnaslator/compiler. You could modify the that web.xml file to include the same type of things for .jsp files, or you could modify the deployment descriptor for your application.

Unfortunately, modifying your deployment descriptor will make your application non-portable. But, you are already making your .jsp files called something else, anyway, so you'll have to do some sort of re-configuration for every app server you indend to use.