I'm using Tomcat 4.1...

I have the O'Reilly after-market book for reference AWA the Jakarta info...

I'm unclear about JDBC config issues...

*       Any JDBC client webapp can instantiate a driver and get a Connection
WITHOUT ANY DEFINITION TO THE server.xml or the web.xml as long as the
driver jars are in /shared/lib or /<application>/WEB-INF/lib...True or
False?

*       For convenience, JDBC resources may be be defined to Tomcat as JNDI
Data Sources to the default JNDI context provided by Tomcat,otherwise no
config required...True or false?

Best Regards,

Michael Dean
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
Washington State Department of Corrections
ph: 360-664-8802
fx:  360-664-3985
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I'm a sailor, of the waters and the sun,
    I can fight the waves but have no weapons for the calm..."
                         - "The Ship"