Yeah that is line wrapping, it also validates fine for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Tulley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: weird digester issues

I'm assuming that the separation of "</listener-c" and "lass> on the
next line are due to line-wrap in your email client.  If not, that is
your problem.

<listener-class>com.foo.bms.listeners.ApplicationContextListener</listener-c
lass>
    </listener>

Beyond that, the document seems to obey the DTD  (I scanned it visually
against the DTD, and then opened the file in IE, which usually complains
about obvious errors such as the one above....)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/4/03 2:10:50 PM >>>
Looks like this.

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>
        <display-name>BMS Web Application</display-name>

    <!-- Listeners -->
    <listener>

<listener-class>com.foo.bms.listeners.ApplicationContextListener</listener-c
lass>
    </listener>

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com