I've finally managed to get cgi working in Tomcat. Now I need to forward
from a servlet to a cgi page. But both RequestDispatcher.forward and
RequestDispatcher.include are failing. I'm not surprised that include does
but I thought it might be possible with forward.

Since this is part of a large application that keeps track of the session
I'd like to be able to include the cgi page in the application. But I'm
beginning to think that's not possible. So I wonder if anyone knows whether
it's possible to forward to a cgi page within the same Tomcat webapp. If not
I'll save myself a lot of trouble and just make it a separate webapp with
just a cgi component.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken

P.S. I'm using cgi with perl because I can't find a class to add IPTC
information to a Jpg and I don't have time to write it myself. Such a module
does already exist in Perl.