> Hello,
I have a question regarding Tomcat 4.1.27.
I would like to use the ant InstallTask to install a web application. I'd like
to install my web application by means of a Context configuration ".xml file" .

Thats the way my ant file looks:

<target name="install"
   description="Install application to servlet container">
        <echo message="-- Install application to servlet container at path
${app.path}"></echo>
    <install url="${manager.url}"
        username="${manager.username}"
        password="${manager.password}"
        path="/myservlet"
          config="file:///${context.xml.file}"/>

  </target>

As fas as I understood the documentation of the "Manager App", the path attribute is
not used if a context.xml file is specified.
Instead the context path defined in the context.xml file ist used during
installation.

The Ant InstallTask requires a path attribute. For me that makes no sense. It should
either require the path attribute
or the config attribute. I think it is very confusing in case the path attribute
differs from the context path defined in the
context.xml file.

Is this a bug?

Regards Karin