> Now when I try to call up http://localhost:8080/myapp/ the browser zooms
> off to find http://www.localhost.net.au! When I try
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/myapp/ I get a 'connection refused' pop-up from
> the browsers - on my machine and on others. (root context still works as
> I said).

My instant reaction was - start tomcat.  Then I read:

> Obviously I tried restarting tomcat, redeploying the app, taking out all
> the filters, changing the context name, checked server.xml.

I had this when I was developing.  I closed tomcat but because I had Lynx
open I assumed that the dos window was the tomcat instance.  Took me about
10 minutes to figure my error.  I wonder how many hits that guy gets due to
the localhost error?  Hope he pays by the megabyte because that is a big
page to serve up:-)

G.