Rod,

Actually, I am pretty sure that the welcome-file has nothing to do with
it. All that does is tell the server which URL to try to serve up if you
were to leave off the file name from the url you are typing in. So, in
my case typing localhost/xxxWEB/ is equivalent to
localhost/xxxWEB/welcome.jsp.

The real problem that I can't figure out is why when I specify that I am
only securing *.jsp, it secures nothing.

I'll have to research that one.

Yaakov Chaikin
Software Engineer
BAE SYSTEMS