I think there is another option that noone has mentioned yet :-P

When the login.jsp page is presented as part of the login process, there will be some standard request attributes containing the original requested page (I don't remember the names now, but you can find them in the servlet spec). They are used by the servlet container to redirect to the correct page once your login data is validated, and will be not present if you point to the page directly from the browser. You can check for the existence of these attributes, and if they are not present redirect to your webapp homepage. This way, the correct login steps will be followed.

HTH,
Rodrigo Ruiz