it's page.jsp?jsp_precompile=true
as per section JSP.8.4.2 of the JSP1.2 spec
(or section JSP.10.4.2 of the JSP2.0 spec)

HTH,

Jon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

My apologies if this question has already been answered. I've gone through the archives, but haven't found a suitable answer.

I am running Tomcat 5 in a production environment and have set development=false and reloading=false. Occasionally, I do have to make a change to a JSP, which then has to be recompiled manually. I remember reading a while ago that you can append a parameter to the URL to get a JSP to recompile (something like page.jsp?compile=true). Does this still work in Tomcat 5? If so, what is the exact parameter? If there is a better way to do this, I would like to know. I have read about using Ant, but compiling with a URL parameter would be my preferred method.

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan