From: Pedro Garcia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 5:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Manager Valve

Well, that works fine... but a new question arrives to my mind:
why, when using a valve for a context it works well in one OS and not in another?
This is what is happening:
i put a valve tag in one of my contexts (<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve" allow="xx.xx.xx.*" />). When trying to access the corresponding web application from my computer running Linux Red Hat i get the following
"message
description _Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden."
_
but if i access the same web application from a computer running WindowsXP it works well.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Pitre, Russell wrote:

Ahhhhhh........very nice......i was ripping my hair out, I used
everything but a comma.....Thank you......

Filter eh? Good idea.......which is more secure?

Russ