bump

Tom Ly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:That works great in a windows environment. But on
Linux machines,the line will always return 127.0.0.1

Tim Funk wrote:Ideally use a string for uniqueness, not an int. For an int is too
small
across a cluster.

To get a unique string, concatenate your IP address with
java.rmi.server.UID(), for example:
String guid = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() +
(new java.rmi.server.UID()).toString());

See the javadocs on UID for more info.

-Tim