On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 01:31, Josh G wrote:

> Hi All, pulling out copious amounts of hair for this one... here's the code:
>
>          <%
>                  for (int i = 0; i < sectionNames.length; i++ )  {
>          %>
>
>          <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_off = new Image();
>          <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_off.src = "<image:local file="<%=
> sectionNames[i]   %>_off.gif" />";
>          <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_on = new Image();

in the <image: /> tag that your using you have to make sure that its
descriptor in the tld has rtexprvalue equal to true. for example:
                <attribute>
                        <name>rowsPerPage</name>
                        <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
                </attribute>

and even if it is, i think you may not be able to concatinate with text
the way you are. try this:

<% String temp = sectionNames[i] + "_off.gif"; %>
<image:local file="<%= temp  %>" />

that is i think the attribute has to be either text or an expression,
not both.

dave