Does anyone have any insight on this?  Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Jim
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Quick questions about Connector connectionTimeout

My current config looks like this:

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="-1"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
               protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

I understand that the connection timeout is disabled with this setting.  I searched
through the docs, etc, but all I ever found was "set the connection timeout in
milliseconds".

My questions are, where would this matter?  Why would I want to enable a timeout here?
 If this is disabled, and connections are timed out elsewhere (session, etc) shouldn't
the processor still terminate normally?

I am assuming it is a safegaurd to prevent a run-away situation, but would like some
more input.

Thanks much,

Jim