Dahyalan,

If you have installed apache 2.0.x you should use ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs

And make sure you can access it with your user rights! Maybe you can do a "su - root"...

Let me know if you have any problem...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Federico,

I have installed jakarta-tomcat-connectors in /usr/local/src and try to do ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

i am getting the following error please help me to solve the problem

checking for libtool... /usr/bin/libtool
need to check for Perl first, apxs depends on it...
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
could not find /usr/sbin/apxs
configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

and i used a command to find the apxs whereis apxs it gives /usr/sbin/apxs fine

what will be problem please help me .....

Thanking you Dahyalan.G