This is not a valid address at SNL Securities (http://www.snl.com).  Please remove
him/her from your mailing list or address book.

Your message reads:

From:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:37:35 +0100
Subject: RE: Tomcat - Sessions and WAP Browsers

-------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998-

Hi!,

Actually, WAP protocol does not support cookies (at least the version I =

worked on).

You have to deal with URL Rewriting, in order to include the session ID =

into the requested URL. Once there, tomcat automatically reads the =
session=20
ID from the URL instead of using the cookie. This is the same as when=20
programming standard HTML pages with browsers without cookies support.

Take a look to the 'HttpServletResponse' class and the method =
'encodeURL'.=20
This will made the task of including the Session ID in the URL if =
needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bob.

=09

> The real problem I am running into is that most WAP browsers don't =
support
> cookies and thus the storing of session data in the cookie. I use =
Tomcat=20
as
> my servlet engine, and I have a secured part of my site.=20
>
> How Tomcat works in a web environment is this. When you request a =
page=20
that