Howard,

There are three sendRedirect() calls in the servlet. The first two redirect back to the login page if with the login user id is not found or the login password doesn't match. In both cases, the sendRedirect() is immediately followed by a return. (I learned to use explicit returns after sendRedirect() some time ago.)

The sendRedirect() that is throwing the error is the last statement in the overall try{} block. There is a catch for SQLException which calls a function that would call sendRedirect() to get to the error page, but if we've gotten to the last statement in the try{} block, there was no SQLException. The only thing after the try{}/catch{} is again a return.

Merrill