I've done mod_jk many times on RH9, but not mod_jk2.

My first suggestion would be to apply all updates before trying to compile
anything, in particular:

glibc and all other related glibc packages
nptl-devel

I don't know why you would have gone with mod_webapp before going to
mod_jk.

Check my page if you haven't already:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html

Oscar