Betty,

As nearly as I can tell, Tomcat 4 was distributed for Windows as a .exe file which included an installer. That installer which could do the service install. However, Tomcat 5 is distributed (so far, at least) as a .zip file, which has no installer. I can run Tomcat 5 standalone, as I did Tomcat 4, but I haven't yet been able to run as a service yet. When I try to command line approach, it doesn't work--I think it's because the command line is too long.

Merrill