You can, but in the most cases you shouldn't.

It is not recommended because you may consume much
memory this way. Per default a session times out
after 30 minutes of in activity.

If the everage session lasts 35 minutes and you get 2
new sessions per Minute you have already 70 concurrent
sessions. The faster you get new sessions and the
longer the sessions will last, the more memory you need.