I downloaded the Tomcat 5.0.16.exe binary (with installer) and installed it on my
Window XP Pro workstation at home.  It installed, started, and runs just fine.

I then tried to do the same thing on my Windows 2000 workstation at work.  The install
completed without an error.  However, attempting to start it from the Windows Service
applet produces a message from Windows that "Could not start the service ... The
service did not return an error...".  The Stderr.log and Stdout.log logs created at
installation time are still empty.  There is nothing in the Event Viewer with than a
warning that W32Time couldn't find a Domain Controller.

Tomcat 5.0.16 is installed and runs standalone on this machine just fine, however that
standalone version was not running when the service installation took place.

Any ideas?

Merrill Cornish