On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 20:21, Johan BÃng wrote:
> Hi everybody.
> I'm a tomcat newbie, so I apologize if this question is sent to the
> wrong forum.
> I'm looking for a good rpm for tomcat witch will work on Fedora Core 1.

FYI, I run FC1 too and find it excellent.

> Are there any official RedHat  rpms of tomcat?

No, due to the lack of a suitable open-source java (JRE) implementation
(in RH's opinion).

> I have done some extensive googling but haven't found any rpm package
> that feels
> "supported" (will be updated). I found the jpackage website, but their
> tomcat rpm has
> to many dependencies (in my opinion).

jpackage is indeed the only one I know of.  "Too many dependencies"
isn't really a problem unless 1) you don't have a dependency management
tool (see apt, yum, up2date); and/or 2) the dependencies conflict with
other rpms' dependencies (somebody's packages are non-optimal, then).