Hi,

I cannot find a suitable answer on the situation and questions below:

Situation:
I want to use Tomcat in a high available environment, using 2 machines
behind a load-balancer.
On these machines several tomcat applications should be running.

Requirements are:
- maximum speed
- ease of setup and maintenance
- (possible) session clustering for failover purposes
- when upgrading a specific application other applications should suffer no
interference

Questions that i have are:
- Should i run multiple instances of Tomcat on each machine, or just 1
instance of Tomcat per machine ?
- Should i run a Tomcat instance per application ????
- Any experience in using session clustering and if this seems to hit the
performance ?

I am searching for an infrastructure setup that suites my needs! Any good
hints and tips on implementing Tomcat in a production enviroment ?

Greetings,
Marco Pas

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.