eddie tsai wrote:

> i just got the nightly build from 02/22/2001 and tried it. i am still
> getting the "not a servlet" error. my servlet is in a package and in a
> directory other than the 'classes' directory. i have included the
> path to that directory in the classpath in the .bat file so it knows
> where to look for my servlet. would this setup cause a problem like this?

Please double check that you do not have a servlet.jar or jsdk.jar file in your
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory.

Please try it with the standard startup scripts (i.e. temporarily moving your servlets
to a JAR
file in the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory, or under WEB-INF/classes) to see if that
works.  If it
works here but not with your modifications, then we need to isolate why not.

> thanks,
>
> eddie

Craig McClanahan