When my Sun machine is rebooted, it automatically starts Tomcat (version 4.1.18)
and Apache in a start-up script.

After the machine has rebooted, and I try to instantiate an object that accesses
 a database, I get the following error:

UnsatisfiedLinkError:
no osjisc in java.library.path

It is looking for libjava.so.  I created a symbolic link to libjava.so
in shared/classes/ and in the common/classes dir, but I keep getting the error.

If I restart Tomcat from the command line, the error does not appear and the
servlet works fine.

I have tried to set the -Djava.library.path in Tomcat's startup.sh script, but
that did not fix the problem.  I read the class loader html.

If anyone knows a FAQ or other source where I can find out where to tell Tomcat
the location of libjava.so, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Annette

Annette Strupp-Adams
Senior Systems Analyst