At 11:36 am -0500 2004/01/06, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
Howdy,
OK, now that's the 3rd different version of the filter elements in your
web.xml ;)  You shouldn't have both servlet-name and url-pattern
children of filter-mapping, only one of them.

that's much better said then the original error message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filter mapping must specify either a <url-pattern> or a <servlet-name>

I think plain english should be banned from error messages, for me an "or" is inclusive! It should say something like:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Filter mapping must not specify both <url-pattern> and <servlet-name>

and reserve the other error message for when neither element is specified...

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
   || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/