Read the Tomcat 4.1 Classloader again.

Classes in the System classloader won't be able to see classes down the chain such as the common or webapp classloader.

Realm classes need to go into the server classloader.

-Tim

sushma wrote:

I checked the faq and also see the same
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter
Error message. I verified that there is only one
servlet.jar in common/lib.
The new jars that I added in the classpath depend on
servlet.jar. So is the error due to this ?

-sushma

--- Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/classnotfound.html

Especially read the link for  Tomcat 4.1 Classloader
HOWTO

-Tim

sushma wrote:

Hi,

I added new jars to the classpath in
setclasspath.sh(using tomcat 4.1.27) but these are

not

being picked up. I got a CNF error. I copied these
jars to common/lib and then it worked fine. These

jars

are used by the custom realm classes placed at
server/lib.

why am I not able to modify the classpath to add

new

jars ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: