Hi,

Some of the paths have changed between RH 6.x and 7.x. The JDK should be
installed in /usr/java/jdk1.3 (as is the default Sun's chooses)

What you need to do to make tomcat see java is append java's path into
tomcat.sh:-

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.3/jre/bin
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3

If your installation directory is different to this then you DEFINITELY need
to change it. That should do it with the path problems.

As for the unreported errors, try looking in the logs:
TOMCAT_HOME/logs/<whatever>

The tomcat.sh file shouldn't be moved from Tomcat's bin directory. (As if
TOMCAT_HOME isn't being set either then the script uses it's directory and
works back from that - at least that's what I think the code's doing. Best
to play safe though)

I personally wouldn't use the .bashrc to set the path - Tomcat is a server
service and should be started at boot as a daemon. Thus no-one has logged in
when it is started! And the .bashrc will not have been executed.

Hope this helps, any questions(preferably easy ones!) then e-mail the
listserve again.

Regards,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----