At 12:23 PM 1/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:
 Is there a command I can
run from the command prompt to install it as a service after
I unzip the files into a dir?

Thanks, Mike

Yep.

Actually, this was recently discussed on the list.  See..
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/bin/service.bat

Also, I've noticed a couple of issues with that version, so here's the version I use (attached inside a zip file). I've included both the latest unmodified 1.3 version and my updated version which should fix things such as JSP compilation not working because tools.jar isn't added to the classpath and a couple other things I forget. There are also simple usage instructions (copied from an earlier message on the list).

Jake