From: Zakaria . [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: vendredi 23 février 2001 2:35
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: first time user!!!

My question is very basic, i cant get tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1) to work
on my windows machine, i set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3 and TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat
(i renamed jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 to tomcat), and set the PATH for java
interpreter...i keep getting:
(after i type bin\startup in tomcat directory)
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Unable to set CLASSPATH dynamically.
Note: To set the CLASSPATH dynamically on Win9x systems
      only DOS 8.3 names may be used in TOMCAT_HOME!
Setting your CLASSPATH statically.
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space