Hi!

Dor Orgad wrote:
Im having a great deal of trouble getting tomcat to see my OracleDriver for the JDBC class. I have tried putting it the file classes.jar in both my tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/common/lib/ directory and my WEB-INF/lib directory in my docroot, and nothing seems to work. It seems to pick up the MySQL drivers just fine, but when I stick in the Oracle Driver is comes up with:
Caught in processRequest
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver.

From what you are writing, I get the impression that you packed the jdbc driver jar _into_ another jar called classes.jar and placed this second jar in your WEB-INF/lib directory.
If this is indeed the case, that's your problem.
A setup like this does not work, because the classloader does not see jars inside jars.
You have to place the jar file containing the _package_ oracle.jdbc.driver in WEB-INF/lib, not a jar containing that jar.

HTH

Phil