From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:22 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: org.apache.catalina.HttpRequest.setRequestURI() and valves

Howdy,

>Hello all.  Using valves in Tomcat 4, we successfully managed to
intercept
>requests to specific contexts and direct them elsewhere.  For example,
we
>could intercept all requests to /SECRETWEBAPP and redirect them to /.

Why would you do this with a valve?  Use a Filer, which is spec-compliant
and portable.  This is a trivial filter implementation.

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change without notice.