I want do do ipconfig on linux with exec java command.
When i do 'ls' for exemple is ok , but for root command like 'ifconfig' i have nothing .

my code :
   cmd="ls -l\n";
   try
   {
     Process p=Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/bin/sh");
     OutputStream in=p.getOutputStream();
     in.write(cmd.getBytes());
     in.flush();
     InputStream out=new BufferedInputStream(p.getInputStream());
     byte[] b=new byte[1024];
     int    n=out.read(b);
     for(i=0;i<n;i++) System.out.print((char)b[i]);

   }
   catch(Exception ex) {
   }

I want just get MAC ADDRESS of my network device , there is another way to do that ?

Thanks.