-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of aras
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 4:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Newbies UNITE!

I admit it, I'm a ... newbie.  It makes me ill having to admit that
considering
I've been coding for almost twenty years.  Old dogs new tricks.

Here's the deal.

I've been trying to use TomCat for about a month.  That time isn't work
hours
because I'm doing this at night (2-3 hours per).  Anyway, I've been on this
list for all that time and have seen literally thousands of emails.  Most of
them being in the newbie variety.

Here's what I'm thinking.  If there are ten to fifteen newbies out there who
are in somewhat of my situation, let's join forces and kick this thing in
the
butt.  Now, I would imagine if your using TomCat 8 HR/Day (meaning "it's
your
job"), you'll be going too fast for us.  You might want to stick to this
list.

We need the ability to exchange massive amount of information.  Everything
from
e-mail to chat.  In fact, if you have any communications ideas I'm willing
listen.  I guess it would be almost like a TUG (TomCat User Group) except we
won't have any experts.  We'll be able to use tomcat-user list for the
"expert"
type questions.  I'd like us to develop "our own" How-To's and eventually ,
if
they turn out correct, submit them to the project.

Reply directly to me and include to this list if you'd like

The time is now.

Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED]