Ok, I don't have access to NetWare, but trying your example on Windows works
fine.  The logs are flushed as soon as the error occurs.  The only change I
made was to log as well in ClassNotFoundException (so I don't actually have
to set up a database :).

This suggests that the problem is really either with you DB vendor
(unlikely, but I can't rule out that the Driver isn't doing something funky
:), or with your JVM vendor (e.g. Writer.flush isn't really doing what it is
supposed to do).

Also I was testing with the CVS HEAD (aka 3.3.2-dev nightly).  The CVS logs
don't show any real changes in the logging code from this and 3.3.1(a),
however.  If you are feeling frustrated enough, you could try downloading
the nightly and see if there is any difference :).

"Howard Watson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
See Attachement

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/15/04 11:34PM >>>
If you could strip-down your web-app to a minimal version that reproduces
this problem, and post it to BugZilla (or even here, if you don't mind
p**sing off everyone on the list with a big download :), I'd really like to
take a look at it.  With a quick eyeballing, I can't see anything in the
code that would produce what you describe.