Hello all

Can I use a symbolic links to help me define a web application /
context?

For example, if this is my webapps directory:
  admin -> admin.0.19.0
  admin.0.19.0

The reason that I'm asking is in Tomcat 5, I'm getting the following
exception being reported in my logs/catalina.out log:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory admin
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Context path /admin must match the
directory or WAR file name: admin.0.19.0
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeploy
er.java:293)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:859)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java
:723)
     <deleted>

Our company likes this usage of links as it allows us to quickly switch
between versions of our application.

Why would I be getting this exception?  What can I do to enable this
behaviour?

Thanks

JDG

--