On 01/26/2004 07:12 PM Shane O'Sullivan wrote:
Hi All, I am using Tomcat 4.1 running on Red Hat Linux 9.0. I have succesfully
deployed my servlet and all seems to be running ok except for one issue.
The number of sessions for my servlet seems to be incrementing, even if
I stop and restart Tomcat. Its currently at 86 and i'm worried this will
effect performance. I have tried setting the <session-timeout> variable
but to no avail.
This doesn't however happen on a Windows machine. If I restart Tomcat
the number of sessions goes to 0 for my servlet.

Go into your context configuration and tell tomcat not to save the sessions at shutdown.

You could set an access log as well to see whether you have any strange goings on that could be keeping your sessions from expiring.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian